Mission & Values
The mission of Florida MENTOR is to offer individuals and their families innovative, quality services and supports that lead to growth and independence—regardless of the physical, intellectual or behavioral challenges they face.
Our philosophy emphasizes partnerships—with those we serve, their families, our employees, Mentors, payors and the communities in which we work—in an effort to help people shape the direction of their own lives in community-based settings.
- We believe that individuals of all abilities deserve the opportunity to realize their full potential through services and supports provided in their own communities.
- We believe that positive, nurturing relationships are the basis for growth and change. These relationships are best fostered through active participation in the daily activities of neighborhood and family life.
- We believe in the power of personal choice. Individuals have both the right and the responsibility to participate in the process of selecting their own services and developing their own life goals.
- We believe that partnerships yield the most effective and powerful outcomes for those we serve. Our partnerships—with individuals, their families, our employees, Mentors, payors and the organizations and communities in which we work—are based on mutual respect and a shared focus on innovation, quality and personal choice.
- We believe that providing quality services and supports is our primary responsibility. We invest in our workforce and promote an organizational culture focused on accountability, service excellence and measured results.
- We believe in providing creative, cost-effective solutions to the emerging needs of state and county governments. Responding to people in crises with expertise and efficiency is a priority and strength for The Network.
- We believe in innovation as a mindset. Developing new and better ways to serve people is an exciting and motivating expectation of every employee at every level of the organization.
- We believe in the goals of permanency and stability for those we serve. We strive to help people find a place to call home where they may achieve their full potential.
- We believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Strengthening the fabric of our neighborhoods through volunteerism and philanthropy contribute to our overall goal of building relationships, enhancing lives.
Quality Services Today and Tomorrow
Florida MENTOR is dedicated to our goal of bringing caring closer. Looking ahead, our commitment to the people and communities we serve remains our priority. We’ll continue to deliver quality-of-life-enhancing services for years to come.